What to Expect at Somatic Heart Healing
Your First Session
Once you have scheduled your first session, you will be asked to read and complete a set of forms. These forms ask basic information about your:
- Telephone, email and address information
- Emergency contact’s telephone, email and address information
- Medical history
- Current prescriptions/medications
- Prior experience in psychotherapy
- Presenting concerns
- History of drug and alcohol use
- History of trauma, if any
- Initial goals for therapy
During your first meeting, I will mostly ask you some preliminary questions as a way of getting to know you and your reasons for seeking therapy. These questions might include the following:
- What brings you to therapy at this time?
- Have you been in therapy before? If so, what was most helpful or problematic about the experience?
- What are you hoping to experience, accomplish or discover in therapy?
- How long do you expect to come for therapy?
- What is your general therapeutic orientation and approach?
- Are you available for phone sessions?
- How do you feel about medication?
Your initial 20 minute consultation is free. After that, my fee is $100 and payment is expected at the start of each 50 minute session. I also maintain a limited number of sliding scale openings based upon need. Please give me a call or send an email to discuss further as necessary. Currently, I accept payment via cash, check, health savings account (HSA), debit card, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) and Paypal.
Do You Take Insurance?I have found that insurance companies frequently interfere with therapy by determining the number and length of sessions and requiring proof of a billable, psychiatric diagnosis. I prefer to empower my clients to meet with me without the fear of being labeled and to ultimately have a say regarding their course of therapy. Although I’m an out–of–network provider and don’t accept insurance, I’m happy to provide you with a superbill for submission to your medical insurance.
Cancellation PolicyCanceling and rescheduling appointments require a minimum of 24 hours notice in order to avoid being charged for a missed session. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please give me a call at (615) 693-6737.